Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

Before I go to sleep by SJ Watson

Forgive me but I am going to gush about this amazing book!  It was one of those you cannot put down and I read it in two days straight even though my eyes were sore I just had to keep on reading.

The story is Christine's.  She wakes up everyday next to a stranger not knowing how she got there and who this man is.  When she looks in the mirror she sees a 40ish woman instead of the 20 year old she thinks she is.  This is because when Christine was 29 she was in an accident and every time she goes to sleep she forgets everything and her memory is erased.  Every day her Husband has to explain who she is and what has happened to her.  She also has a Doctor trying to help her unlock the memories that are there but she just can't access.  Without giving the plot away you know that some people are not always telling her the entrire truth.

This book blew me away.  You are totally emersed into the confused world of Christine and the not knowing who to trust and turn to.  Every page offers new twists and turns and the last 40 had me actually gasping out loud!  You go on the journey with her and share her awakening memories in this beautifully written book.  SJ Watson is a debut author and if this is anything to go by I will be getting all of his in the future.  I cannot recommend this book highly enough so please run, don't walk and grab yourself a copy.  You will not be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment