Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


 
 
 
This is a compelling crime novel that I just could not put down.  The first part tells Nick's side from the first day of Amy's disappearance and Amy's by way of a diary that she has been writing for the past seven years.  It is really interesting how you form impressions quickly just because the Author wants to take you down a certain route.  I don't want to give anything away as the plot has more twists and turns than a roller-coaster but suffice it to say that first impressions are not all they seem.
 
I love the way that the whole book is told by just these two voices and the fact that you don't really see the twists and turns coming. It is full of suspense and really good writing and I am really sorry this isn't a longer review but you can't really say too much without giving the plot away.
 
I would highly recommend this as I finished it within 2 days!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment